Monday, December 28, 2009

Sad eyes……….


The dead letters of this poet…
Speak the language of this relinquished heart…
No need…
No power….
No desire….
To ever be able to define…
what my eyes see in you...
this life might end….
In trying to define..,
In only but trying…
To define...
The inevitability…
The reality…
The poetry…
The phrases …
and …
The loneliness….
That I’m witness to… in your eyes…
In your eyes…
Lie oceans deeper than the uncrossed and unconquered…
In your eyes….
Lies the future that is yet an untold story…
In your eyes…
Lay the desire to have a better days…
In those brown eyes….
Lay the hopes that you’ve consecrated with the promises I made…
in your eyes…
Lay the broken pieces of the dreams we once shared…
Needless to say…
Those eyes…
They’re sad now…
They’re empty now…
They seem to be searching now…
For a meaning ….
Of what they once spoke …
Was there any meaning anyway?
Or were the eyes deceived?
Deceived they might be….
Deceived they were…
But in those eyes….
Lay the world I wished to share with you…
The dreams I wished to dream with you….
The passion I wanted to restore with you….
The fire of my anger that desired to be burned away…
And the emptiness that longed to disappear forever…
and how deep those eyes were…
ocean deep….
how much they contained…
My soul…
My love…
My happiness…
My vision…
My passion…
And……
My world…
But they know now…
Those eyes…
when they shed those tears in silence…
They might lie….
They might deceive…
They might pretend…
In loss, in jealousy, in love and…
in hate….
But the eyes realize now…
Sadness has not once but abandoned them…
For the eyes know now…
Sad eyes…….Can never lie……….

No comments: