Thursday, October 11, 2007

CREATIVE WRITTING - FROM THE HEART



Leaves of trees once sparkling in the spring…
Now once broken shall never be the same again….
In their place shall bloom a new life….
And the old shall be but a part of oblivion rest…
Like the past that never existed to ever make a beginning….

I spent a considerable part of my life in school... learning, studying and growing under the influence of a strict disciplinary system of a convent school… I’d always wondered about my true feeling for other people... My friends, family, teachers, relatives… had my feelings at that time ever been genuine in any sense? Or was it some sort of a formal declaration that I ought to as a rule display my special sincerity towards such persons?
Spending a time of my life that is known for strange droughts of crisis and confusion lead to an unready state of mind… I managed it by exhibiting my penchant for writing my thoughts in a secret diary. Well that’s what happens when your in a phase of your life where nothing really seems to have a real impact on you and your not really sure about any of your actions either…..and simple reason being that you tend to consider yourself too much of a higher being to be guided by others or to be taught anything new.. You feel you have something special and exceptional to offer to the world that is not known to anyone.
Well I maintained a secret diary and wrote... I’d say tried to write about my inner most feelings in a manner that would convey to the reader my true identity... actually it was rather a step towards self discovery and unforgiving camaraderie between the pen and the mind… sometimes I wrote well... Sometimes ... I wasn’t sure of what exactly I had written or what it was that made me write what I just wrote. It was nothing more than a step towards directing my aggression towards a pointless and emotionless object; preferably my diary. That would not react to the heated strokes of my fountain pen.
Soon I started writing more elaborately and profoundly... started reading more and somehow my vocabulary always seemed to have enough space to offer me an appropriate word. I never thought of myself as a terrific creative artist or a writer but when in the ninth grade my teacher noticed my talent that had grown into an exceptional case. I wrote and developed a much specified art of expressing the emotions in words without the use of complicated vocabulary. My first brush with recognition of my talent came when I wrote a simple essay on “my mother”. The story like essay comprised of various encounters that I had with my mother... One involving a serious accident on the road where I had been hit by a passing vehicle and my mother came to my rescue. Well it stated that it was such strange encounters accompanied by strange undesirable circumstances that lead to a journey of self discovery and of course discovery of each other for both of us. It’s in the light of such undesirable painful times I realized. That we come to discover the true nature of the person we have known for years. And so it seems that the painful uncomfortable elements of life are although undesirable but a much needed aspect of life that reflects light on the true nature of man. Its then that it comes to your knowledge. Who is your friend and who is your foe.

I am not the person in any case to judge such issues. It’s reflected in the subtle rules of formal greetings and informal warmth. One which you express to show something and one which you have no power over to ever be able to hide. The key to writing... and that too writing well I realized... Was to release your inhibitions. There has to be an inborn feeling of not being judged in order to maintain the flow of your emotions. There needs to be a love of expressing yourself without the desire for recognition. It has to be the ability to let yourself flow from within your deepest thoughts and to give your inhibited feelings the chance to exhibit themselves. Let go of the fear you harbor for those unkempt emotions that you have hidden for so long. It’s all about releasing your inhibitions….
... Now I realize the feeling of it… of once what I’d conveyed in a college poetry contest
I am unwritten…
I cannot read my mind...
Staring at the blank page...
Before you can open up the endless times…
Reaching for something in the distance…
So close… you can almost taste it..,.
Release your inhibition…
Feel the rain on your skin….
No one else can feel it for you,
Only you can let it in... .’
No one else...
No one else…
No one else can speak the words on your lips…
Put yourself in words unspoken…
Give your love with arms wide open…

The rest is unwritten...

Love is the essence… in my opinion the essence of true writing. Those who are not a part of this feeling are the ones who write with a feeling of selling their art... with a purpose. With a commercial purpose or a purpose of spreading their knowledge.
But the words, the art, the work that rules the hearts and minds of the people… are the words written from within the depths of the overflowing reservoirs of your emotion… and the links of the human heart. The essence of truth and expressiveness desire to overflow from those words. Words were not words if written from what the mind thought…. Only then can the reader relate to the true feelings expressed in those words which otherwise would be meaningless if the emotions were not incarnated in them. Only then can the reader feel the essence of the words long hidden within the realms of reality that he felt awkward to express. Such expressive writing shall herald an era of expressiveness and truth in matters of the heart…
And release the long socially restricted flights of the human heart and emotions that have been suppressed by the technocracies of science obsessed people. For the real and true aim of human emotions is not to be suppressed but to release themselves in forms long spread and unknown...spreading a universal message of understanding and relativity... And that’s what creative writing is all about….. It’s all about the heart... and never was about the mind.

So come … express yourself... release your inhibitions... and join the journey……….

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ash your words fall in the cornicopia of my ears there as poetic as counting red stars and those of plum color let you hand transmutate leaded letters into gold :)